Mixing Unit for LSR pump silcomix
Previously, setup work on LSR mixing units was a complicated process that took a long time. It was a job that required tools and sometimes even needed the involvement of several workers. Thanks to the new mixing unit for the DOPAG LSR pump silcomix, this has changed fundamentally. The new design is unique on the market and simplifies operation while ensuring shorter setup times and greater system availability. Maintenance time and intervals can be reduced by up to 75 per cent. The low-viscosity silicones increasingly being used can also be processed without difficulty.
The key benefit of the new mixing unit is that it is structured in such a way that the mixer or valve for
the addition of pigments can be disassembled or replaced quickly and easy. It is also smaller and more
compact than the previous model. This simplifies the setup work considerably. The static mixing system
can be replaced easily thanks to the new design. Any one-way mixer on the market can be used, as well as stainless steel mixers.
The modular design of the unit ensures even greater flexibility, as individualcomponents can be replaced in various sizes as desired. This functionality takes into account the fact that materials of increasingly low viscosity are being used in production and that cycles times and the overall processing time are getting ever shorter. For users, the new design simplifies operation and means that the system is ready to use again more quickly. Different products can be manufactured easily on just one system in future. The mixing unit can be used on practically any LSR injection moulding system.
- Simple maintenance and cleaning
- Very short setup times (< 5 mins)
- Very long service life
- Continuous temperature control for constant processing temperature; water cooling via injection moulding system
- Designed for low- and high-viscosity media
- Precise metering of minimal quantities
- Integrated snuff-back function closes the valve at the mixer outlet against the flow direction and does not generate any additional build-up of pressure for the injection moulding system – perfect in the case of small cavities
- Ball valve ensures bubble-free flooding of the material after the mixer is replaced, for example.
- Can be used on all LSR systems